This is an old revision of the document!
Writing firmware into WIZwiki-W7500 has four ways.
1. When you connect the USB cable to the WIZwiki-W7500, PC recognized as a removable disk. Removable disk name is MBED.
3. After completing the firmware writing, open to check the removable disk.
4. If “fail.txt” file is exists in the removable disk, it means writing the firmware has failed.
5. After pressing the Reset button (SW1) of WIZwiki- W7500, please repeat the steps from step 2.
CMSIS-DAP does support USB cable and Debugger as well. You need to Set Flash Algorithm to use CMSIS-DAP Debugger in Keil.
Click 'Flash' in top menu and open 'Configure Flash Tools'. Set 'Debug' on top menu with choosing 'CMSIS-DAP Debugger'.
Click 'Utilities' and choose 'CMSIS-DAP Debugger'. Open 'Settings' menu and unchecked 'SWJ' in Debug menu. Then confirm 'ARM CoreSight SW-DP' set on SW Device.
Next to the Debug menu bar, Click 'Flash Download' and set 'Erase Full Chip' in Download Function, '0x20000000 to 0x4000' in RAM for Algorithm, Add 'W7500_128KB_FLASH' on Programming Algorithm. After checking it with below figure, click 'OK'.
Download the firmware into WIZwiki-W7500. You can check complete message and the CMSIS-DAP Debugger at the bottom. Chick the 'Debug icon' or Ctrl+F5 to debug.
W7500 ISP Program
When W7500 is in the boot mode, firmware writing is possible via the ISP as WIZwiki-W7500 has a built-in ISP header. As ISP header supports the UART signals, you need a converter like TTL to RS232 or TTL to USB in order to connect to your PC.
Make configuration as shown below Block Diagram.
2. To make WIZwiki-W7500 enter the Boot Mode, press the SW1 while keeping the SW2 pressed.
3. Select a device connected to the ISP header from “Serial Port” and click “Open”. If you entered Boot Mode successfully, then “Serial Open Complete” message will be printed on the status bar at the bottom of window.
Before open button of ISP tool click, you have to test using the terminal windows. After serial port open using the terminal windows,enter the capital “U”. If it is the ISP mode, you can see the returned character.
5. Click “ISP Start” button, then the firmware writing will be performed.
This page shows how to write and debug firmware in WIZwiki-W7500 with an external SWD debugger. When you need to debug firmware, you have two ways. One is debugging with an external SWD debugger and the other is using the CMSIS-DAP debugger. In this page, how to debug firmware with the SWD debugger is posted only.
You can find SWD Header in the middle of WIZwiki-W7500 and Debugger Sel Jumper with three caps above it.
Then open the J3, J4, J5 jumper cap in Debugger Sel Jumper.
Now, your WIZwiki-W7500 is ready to connect the SWD debugger.
Connect ULINK debugger and SWD Header. At this moment, be careful of matching pin number.
Setting Flash Algorithm and ULINK debugger in Keil and
Download on WIZwiki-W7500. Then you can check the success message.