Writing firmware into WIZwiki-W7500ECO has three ways.
1. When you connect the USB cable to the WIZwiki-W7500ECO, PC recognized as a removable disk. Removable disk name is MBED.
3. After completing the firmware writing, open to check the removable disk.
4. If “fail.txt” file is exists in the removable disk, it means writing the firmware has failed.
5. After pressing the Reset button (SW1) of WIZwiki- W7500ECO, please repeat the steps from step 2.
CMSIS-DAP does support USB cable and Debugger as well. You need to Set Flash Algorithm to use CMSIS-DAP Debugger in Keil.
Click 'Flash' in top menu and open 'Configure Flash Tools'. Set 'Debug' on top menu with choosing 'CMSIS-DAP Debugger'.
Click 'Utilities' and choose 'CMSIS-DAP Debugger'. Open 'Settings' menu and unchecked 'SWJ' in Debug menu. Then confirm 'ARM CoreSight SW-DP' set on SW Device.
Next to the Debug menu bar, Click 'Flash Download' and set 'Erase Full Chip' in Download Function, '0x20000000 to 0x4000' in RAM for Algorithm, Add 'W7500_128KB_FLASH' on Programming Algorithm. After checking it with below figure, click 'OK'.
Download the firmware into WIZwiki-W7500. You can check complete message and the CMSIS-DAP Debugger at the bottom. Chick the 'Debug icon' or Ctrl+F5 to debug.
W7500 ISP Program
When W7500 is in the boot mode, firmware writing is possible via the ISP since WIZwiki-W7500 has built-in an ISP header. As ISP header supports the UART signals, you need a converter like TTL to RS232 or TTL to USB in order to connect to your PC.
Please refer the block diagram setting as below.
2. To make WIZwiki-W7500 enter the Boot Mode, supply power once while pressing the SW2,BOOT switch.
3. Select the device connected to the ISP header from “Serial Port” and click “Open”. If you entered Boot Mode successfully, then “Serial Open Complete” message will be printed on the status bar at the bottom of window.
Before click the open button of ISP tool, we suggest you to test it in other terminal windows.
After opening serial port using the terminal windows,enter the capital “U”. If it is in the ISP mode, you can see the returned character.
5. Click “ISP Start” button, then the firmware writing will be performed.