Microchip PICtail™ (Plus) board based upon Wiznet W5200 Ethernet controller makes it easy to create Ethernet connectivity application.
WIZnet’s W5200 Ethernet PICtail™ (Plus) board provides 10/100Mbps, half/full duplex Ethernet connectivity by onboard WIZnet W5200 Ethernet controller, which has hardwired TCP/IP processing engine. The board has both PICtail™ headers and PICtail™ Plus side-edge connectors designed to be plugged into the Explorer 16 (DM240001), PIC32 I/O Expansion Board (DM320002), PICDEM.net 2 (DM163024), PIC18 Explorer (DM183032), and other supported development boards. The board has fast SPI interface, 2K EEPROM with EUI-48™ Node Identity (MAC address) and RJ-45 connector. It also provides Auto-negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX, Power-Down Mode and Wake-on-LAN functionalities.
WIZnet’s W5200 Ethernet PICtail™ (Plus) board supports both Microchip software TCP/IP Stack and WIZnet hardwired TCP/IP Stack simultaneously on PIC18, PIC24, dsPIC and PIC32 platforms. The Hardwired TCP/IP Stack especially fits well for Simple Internet connectivity for PICs with small program memory size like PIC16.
Features & Benefits
- Fast SPI Ethernet controller with Hardwired TCP/IP stack: Optimized Hardware TCP/IP stack accelerate time-to market and significant headroom for the application
- Microchip Serial EEPROM with EUI-48™ Node Identity: Unique, factory preprogrammed Ethernet MAC address simplifies the design and manufacturing process.
- Supports Auto-negotiation, Auto-MDIX, 10Base-T/100Base-TX: Eliminate the need for special “crossover” cables when connecting LAN devices together.
- PICtail™ and PICtail™ Plus Daughter Board connection interface
- Compatible with many boards with PICtail™ and PICtail™ Plus interfaces, including Explorer 16 Development Board, various PICDEM™ boards
TWIZ5200 – WIZnet W5200 Ethernet PICtail Board is available now at Microchip DIRECT